Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Journal #8

1. I think Hurston picked the title because she wanted to show that in the end its god who is really in control of your life.  It shows how people look up to someone of power.  I think that because of the title the book almost teaches you a lesson about power.  It doesn't have that fiction story feeling to it.

2. I think that another good title would have been Porch Talk because of how much the symbol of porch is tied into the story.  I think that with this title the focus of the story would have been changed.  It would be more focused on the idea of community rather than the idea of power.

3. The story of my pastiche is The Ride. I think that this title can represent two things; one being the phisical ride in the ambulance, and the second being a symbol for what life is.  I think that the title helps with the development of my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment